The Firm’s History
The firm was originally founded as Wilkes & Neely in 1949 as a partnership between Carlton Wilkes and Anne Neely as a general practice law firm. In 1963, the firm’s name was changed to Wilkes, Neely & McCullough with the addition of Calvin McCullough with offices in the Exchange Building in Memphis. After Anne Neely left the firm, the name was shortened to Wilkes & McCullough. In 1979, Jerry Taylor joined the firm, which then had its offices on the 11th floor of the Sterick Building. In 1989, the Sterick Building closed and Jerry Taylor left the firm. In June 1989, the firm moved to its present location at 44 N. Second St. and adopted the current firm name of Wilkes, McCullough & Wagner.
The Law Offices of Wilkes, McCullough & Wagner has served the citizens of Memphis, Shelby County and West Tennessee from their North Second Street offices for more than 60 years. The firm is a general practice law firm primarily representing private individuals in all civil legal matters except bankruptcy.
Located at the corner of Second Street and Court Avenue across from Court Square, we are close to all the state civil courts. There is also convenient parking nearby on both Second and Court.